The Benedictine Scholar House takes a holistic approach to ending the cycle of poverty through education and support services. We offer education programs for both parents and children to help build a strong support network and foundation for learning.
We also provide peer and community activities for all of our scholars and families, because we believe that building a village of people who are your champions fosters success.
Educational Support Programs:
- Monthly BSH Academy: Simple, quick, online videos and tutorials with an advisor on topics covering life skills, and academic, career, and financial workshops.
- Tutoring and Mentoring
- Study Skills
Family Support Programs:
- Referrals to local agencies
- Goal-setting for Healthy Families
- Time Management Skills
Peer Support and Community Activities:
- Social gatherings with other participants and their children
- Local library programs for adults and children
- Monthly group activities for peer support and mentorship