Alumnae of Academy Immaculate Conception and Marian Heights Academy
"...perpetuation of friendship and mutual encouragement..."
Academy Immaculate Conception is a girls boarding school owned and operated by the Sisters of St. Benedict for 130 years. It opened in 1870, three years after the sisters founded Monastery Immaculate Conception in Ferdinand. The school was established to provide an education for girls who wished to acquire proficiency in the fine and practical arts. The school name was changed to Marian Heights Academy in 1973, and in 2000, the sisters closed the Academy due to increasing operating costs, decreasing enrollment, and concerns about the future of girls boarding schools.
The Academy Alumnae Association was formed in 1925. All attendees and staff of Academy Immaculate Conception/Marian Heights Academy are members of the Alumnae Association. A board of directors provides leadership for the association. The Academy Alumnae Reunion is held annually on the last Sunday in June.
Save the Date!
June 28-29, 2014
Jottings is the newsletter for alumnae of Academy Immaculate Conception and Marian Heights Academy. It is published twice a year.