Join us for Ferdinand's Christkindlmarkt
Monastery events include:
Friday, November 16
Opening Christkindlmarkt Ceremonies
6:30 p.m. EST
Herald in the season with the outdoor appearance of the Christkindl Angel, accompanied by trumpets, chanting, a bell choir, and candlelight. Free and open to the public.
Christkindlmarkt Eve Dinner
7 p.m. EST
In St. Gertrude Hall, with live entertainment. Call 812-367-1874 to make reservations.
Sunday, November 18
3 p.m. EST
Enjoy the sounds of the season. Stillpoint and the Sisters of St. Benedict perform in the monastery church. Admission is free; donations will be gratefully accepted.
Saturday, November 17, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sunday, November 18, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. EST
For Heaven’s Sake, the monastery gift shop
Discover handmade treasures crafted with care by our sisters, including:
• Hand-stitched quilts
• Hand-painted Christmas ornaments
• Crocheted baby sets in a rainbow of colors
• Rosaries, including those made of Job’s tears, grown in our monastery garden
• Hot/cold packs (for the microwave and freezer)
• One-of-a-kind small gift boxes
• Seasonal flower arrangements
• Benedictine book beads (unique bookmarks)
• Embroidered pillowcases
• Greeting cards
• Pottery and other art pieces
• Plus, fragrant all-natural soap hand made by the Benedictine Sisters of Clyde, Missouri, colorful items from Guatemala, and other gift items.
Simply Divine Bakery (the booth outside the gift shop)
Choose from more than 35 different treats from the monastery:
• our acclaimed springerles
• other Indiana Artisan cookies
• a variety of breads
• peanut brittle
• caramel corn
• and lots, lots more!
And don’t forget to take a tour!
Saturday, November 17 – between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. EST
Sunday, November 18 – between 12 and 2 p.m. EST