As we seek God, the values and principles by which we live flow from our mission statement and are central to our call as the Sisters of St. Benedict of Ferdinand, Indiana.
- We seek God together in community and share a common mission and vision. Our life together unites and focuses our energies in spreading the Gospel.
- We desire to be together in the dailiness of life by sharing our common prayer and table, our leisure, our talents, our joys and struggles.
- We seek to recognize and develop the gifts and abilities of our sisters for the benefit of the individual, the community, and society.
- We call each other to lives of moderation.
- We strive to share and reverence all the goods of the monastery.
- By the stability of our community life, we commit ourselves to each other and to seeking God at this time and in this place.
- We commit ourselves to a life of prayer, praising God and bringing before God the needs of all people.
- Our prayer in common and in solitude unites us with others and sustains us throughout the day.
- We gather daily to pray the Liturgy of the Hours.
- We celebrate the Eucharist, God’s presence in and among us.
- We value the quality of our liturgical prayer, which gives expression to our monastic life.
- We are nurtured by our daily Lectio.
- Our lives are enriched and renewed by times of silence and solitude and frequent communal celebrations which bring healing and reconciliation.
- We reverence all God’s creation.
- We are hospitable to each other, respecting individual and community needs.
- We endeavor to receive all people as Christ and to share who we are and what we have.
- We strive to balance our hospitality to guests and our personal time with God and community.
- Our primary work is to seek God together in community.
- Our service flows from our monastic life together.
- Together we seek to respond to the needs of the Church and of society.
- We strive to be leaders in our ministries by giving witness to the Benedictine values of community, prayer, hospitality, and work.
- We recognize the value and sacredness of manual labor.
- We endeavor to be responsible stewards of what we have been given.
- We uphold fair treatment and just wages for all.